Freshman applicants who have been homeschooled should meet the following requirements to complete the application process for admission to D'Youville College.
Start by reviewing the list of requirements in the Apply Now! section below. It outlines the materials you'll need to submit, in addition to completing the online application form.
When Will You Hear?
D'Youville has a rolling admissions policy. The earlier you apply, the earlier you will be notified of a decision. Decisions are typically mailed within 6 weeks of a completed application.
Tip: Some academic departments have early deadlines, such as Physician Assistant (November 1.) Inquire about deadlines early in the process.
- Complete the Online Application.
- The $25 application fee is waived for online applicants.
- First create a log-in and password. If you can't complete the application in one sitting, that's okay. You can access the form as often as you like.
- You can also download, complete, and mail in a paper application (If you send in a paper application you'll have to submit at $25 application fee, which is waived for online applications).
Tip: Keep your username and password in an easy-to-find location.
- Submit Additional Materials.
- A transcript outlining the subjects studied and results of your high school program through the end of grade eleven.
- Forward SAT and/or ACT scores.
- An essay describing your educational program, special projects, extracurricular activities, and special accomplishments.
- Two letters of recommendation: one from the parent or other person providing your education, and one from a person involved with your other activities (e.g. clubs, internships, service).
- Upon enrollment to D'Youville, you will need to submit a letter from the superintendent of your local school district, attesting to your completion of a program of home instruction meeting the requirements of Section 100.10 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, or or a passing score on the New York State's General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) examination.
Note to Physician Assistant applicants:
Physician Assistant application instructions can be found here.
Students applying to the Physician Assistant program need to submit a departmental application in addition to the undergraduate online application.
All hard-copy documents should be mailed to:Undergraduate Admissions Office
320 Porter Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14201
Send us an official copy of your SAT/ACT scores (SAT Code: 2197 / ACT code: 2732).
Experience a social network for D'Youville applicants. Meet incoming students, learn about campus life, and find out if DYC is the right place for you. Learn more
When you apply to D'Youville, you'll be automatically considered for a merit scholarship. Read more
Cheer on our 15 NCAA Division III sports teams as a D'Youville student. Read more.
When you aren't hitting the books, there are many ways to make friends and gain leadership skills, with our more than 30 student clubs. Read more.