Each year hundreds of students attending other post-secondary institutions decide to transfer to D'Youville.
D'Youville accepts transfer students in both the fall and spring semester. Our dedicated transfer student staff is dedicated to ensuring you succeed here and get the advice and support you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
D'Youville accepts many college-level credits from regionally accredited two- or four-year degree-granting institutions.
You can check how the courses you've taken at other schools match D'Youville's courses and degree requirements through our Online Course Equivalency Website.
- This website is for informational purposes only. After you apply for admission we'll evaluate your transcript and get back to you with an official credit evaluation. We'll also let you know what courses you'll need to complete a D'Youville degree.
- After you apply and are accepted to D'Youville, you'll receive an official transcript evaluation that indicates how many of your transfer credits are accepted.
Transfer Credit Policies
The Registrar's Office determines whether college credits earned at other institutions can be transferred to D'Youville.
- Typically, transfer credit is awarded for each course in which you earned a grade of "C" or better.
- Credits from college's without regional accreditation are evaluated for transfer credit on a case by case basis.
- You can transfer up to half of the credits required for your major and all of the credits required for the college's core curriculum.
- You must complete a minimum of 30 semester credit hours at D'Youville College and meet all of the major/program requirements and core curriculum requirements in order to graduate.
When you apply for admission at D’Youville, we’ll automatically consider you for our merit scholarships. Unlike other schools, maintaining your scholarship is easier at D'Youville, because we use realistic GPA requirements to determine your eligibility each year.
Check out the chart below to see if you qualify:
|Scholarship||GPA / SAT (M & EBRW) / or ACT*||Tuition||Dorm||GPA required to retain scholarship|
|Buffalo Say Yes||No GPA minimum requirement/1,000/21||100% Off||2.75|
|Alumni Kinship||$300-$2,000||Must reapply each year. Only open to relatives of D'Youville alumni.|
*We only require that you submit the results from one test.
More information can be found on our scholarships page.
A transfer student is an individual who, after completing high school, home school or GED, has earned at least 1 credit at a college or university - but has not yet earned a bachelor's degree.
Course Equivalency Database
Use this online database to see whether courses you've taken at other schools match D'Youville's degree requirements.Check my courses
Find more information, requirements, and deadlines below or beginning planning for your education at D'Youville