The International Student Office (ISO) will assist you in many ways as you make the transition to D’Youville College.
We want to help make your academic, social and cultural experiences here as satisfying
as possible. The presence and contributions of our international students are an important
part of campus life.
What You’ll Find Here
The International Student Office will:
- assist you in obtaining your I-20, allowing you to study at D’Youville
- counsel you on immigration matters to help you maintain your F-1 student status
- guide you through the cultural adjustment process
- connect you to the many programs and services on campus and in the community
- invite you to participate in international student programs on campus
- take you on tours of Buffalo attractions and introduce you to the natural beauty of the Buffalo-Niagara region
The International Student Office is devoted to providing personal, social, and professional
development to the diverse population at D'Youville College.
It is the mission of the ISO to promote the internationalization of the DYC campus as well as provide the student population with the individualized attention that they need in order to pursue their personal and educational goals.
How We Accomplish This:
- Educating the campus about federal immigration regulations affecting F-1 students;
- Being an immigration resource center for students, faculty and staff;
- Advising students on how to secure I-20's and visas as well as how to maintain their status;
- Being an advocate for issues that arise for international students on campus;
- Facilitating the transition to life in the United States for our international students;
- Supporting semester and faculty-led study abroad programs;
- Creating programs that bring cultural awareness and sensitivity to campus;
- Creating an atmosphere of openness for international exchanges to occur; and
- Promoting interactions between US and international populations