Since establishing the region's first baccalaureate degree in nursing in 1942, the D'Youville School of Nursing has been a leader in nursing education.
History of the School of Nursing
Seven Decades of Excellence
The Grey Nuns founded D'Youville College in 1908 and named it for their patron Saint Marie-Marguerite d'Youville. It was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. Consistent with the D'Youville mission, programs within the School of Nursing prepare students for leadership and service within the profession.
Nursing at D’Youville has experienced tremendous growth and change over the past seven decades:
Established the region's first baccalaureate degree in nursing.
The first D'Youville nursing class graduates.
Present-day ALT Building is constructed to house the School of Nursing.
Male students admitted.
Highest Nursing enrollment in D'Youville history: 1,107 nursing students.
Zeta Nu Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, the Honor Society of Nursing, established at D'Youville.
Masters in nursing program established with Family Nurse Practitioner (MS) program.
Department of Nursing becomes the School of Nursing
Nursing undergraduate enrollment encompasses 35% of all D’Youville students.
High-fidelity simulation comes to D'Youville. Doctor of Nursing Practice program is established with Family Nurse Practitioner (DNP) program.
Fully-online RN to BSN program launches.