A certificate program can be completed in as little as 3 semesters (5-6 classes).
A clinical research associate is a professional who monitors the administration and progress of a clinical trial (pharmaceuticals, biologics or devices) on behalf of a sponsor. This certificate program, which is registered with the New York State Education Department, is designed to provide a focused course of study for individuals seeking to position themselves for certification as a clinical research associate. It will also provide knowledge and skills of clinical excellence in monitoring scientific studies toward the advancement of knowledge and improvement of health.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credits|
|HSA 608||Research Methodology and Design||3|
|HSA 648||Financial Management in Health Care Organizations||3|
|HSA 653||Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Care Organizations||3|
|HSA 656 or HSA 682||Introducing Drugs into the Human Population or Managerial Epidemiology||3|
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in the field. In addition to the general admissions requirements, applicants must present the following:
- Complete an online graduate application for admission (no application fee).
- Submit Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Submit an admissions statement/essay specifically addressing how the program will be of benefit to you and the community you serve (about 250 words).
- Submit two letters of recommendation from employers, professional supervisors, colleagues, or previous professors.
- Submit a current resume.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university in a health care discipline.
- Possess relevant work experience and or a related degree.
We welcome you to join us for an information session or meeting about our graduate and doctoral program. For dates and locations please learn more.