Mission and Goals: Coordinated Program
We prepare students to be leaders in their field and to fulfill prominent and varied professional roles.
Recognizing the importance of good nutrition in maintaining health and preventing disease, the Dietetics Program at D'Youville College strives to serve the community by producing dietitians with the knowledge, skills, and experience to meet the challenges of the diverse and changing field of dietetics. Our intent is to prepare students who will be leaders in their field, who will fulfill prominent and varied professional roles.
The program supports the principles of academic excellence, service to others, and lifelong learning by fostering the student's professional and personal growth within a broad range of educational and practical experiences.
Goals and Outcomes
Prepare graduates who are competent for entry-level practice as registered dietitians and obtain employment in a variety of dietetics-related positions.
- Graduate satisfaction with curriculum
- Employer satisfaction with graduates
- Student completion of program
- Pass rate on registration exam
- Employment of graduates
Prepare graduates who demonstrate a commitment to professional leadership and community service.
- Graduate participation in professional organizations
- Graduate participation in community service
Prepare graduates who are committed to lifelong learning.
- Graduate submission of Professional Development Portfolio to the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Graduate participation in additional professional training or credentials
*Outcome data are available on request