The mission of D'Youville College's Department of Education is to collaboratively enhance public and non-public education through the preparation of reflective practitioners and by advancing professional practices.
We are committed to educational equity; intellectual, cultural and spiritual diversity; life-long learning; innovative scholarly production; and compassion for and commitment to the communities we serve. We demonstrate a commitment to shared governance, student-centered education, collaboration, professionalism and social justice.
- Teaching and learning are the focus of our work
- We create and perpetuate an inclusive community that reflects and affirms diversity
- Shared governance is the basis for all work of the Department and depends upon rights, responsibilities, and rewards attributable to the active involvement of each member
- Professionalism is a unifying principle of the Department of Education
- Professional Ethics
- Compassion and Commitment to Community
- Educational Equity and Social Justice
- Reflective Teaching/Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Life-Long Learning
-adopted by the faculty of the Department of Education on September 14, 2009