The Veteran and Military Affiliated Research Center at D’Youville College (VMARC) is dedicated to advancing veteran’s issues through thoughtful and innovative research.
The mission of D’Youville’s Veteran and Military Affiliated Research Center is to produce, encourage, and support scholarly activities at D’Youville College related to a broad definition of veteran – including active duty military members, reservists and national guardsmen, veterans, dependents of veterans, survivors of veterans, and those otherwise considered as military affiliated.
Our Veteran Research Themes
Research and activities at VMARC are designed to focus on three primary themes:
- Veterans Health and Healthcare:
Including physical health, mental health, healthcare provision and access
- Veterans Education and Training:
Including government aid programs, student success factors, veteran services on campuses
- Veterans Employment:
Including unemployment, Affirmative Action requirements, human resources related laws and policies
Explore D’Youville’s Veteran and Military Affiliated Research Center
Contact us to learn more about research opportunities, begin your research, or learn why our military-friendly college is a top-ranked school for veterans.
Learn More About VMARC
Our center is committed to supporting veteran research conducted by D’Youville faculty and student researchers and outside researchers. Some of the services we offer:
- Assistance with identification of research topics and study designs
- Assistance with recruitment of research subjects for approved studies
- Assistance with identification of relevant peer reviewed literature
- Discussion groups to encourage exploration of relevant research topics
- Classroom presentations to support research classes
- Connections with others on campus who have skills and knowledge in various research methodologies to support research efforts
- Assistance with identifying conferences and journals for possible publication opportunities
- Assistance identifying resources available to support research
- Guest speakers for conferences and meetings related to the research themes of the center
- Direct assistance for researchers who would like to include our students as research participants
- Web-based search tools to assist with identification of relevant Veterans and Military Affiliated research
A Recognized Leader in Education for Veterans and Military-Aligned Students
D'Youville College is consistently ranked as a top institution for veterans and veteran-dependent students because of our dedication to our military-aligned student community.