Search for and identify potential funding sources
The Office of Grants Administration works with faculty to set up their account in the SPINPlus, a web based system that includes three product modules:
- SPIN - Search more than 40,000 funding opportunities using this online database of national and international government and private funding sources.
- GENIUS - Find potential research collaborators using this database of faculty/investigator profiles
- SMARTS - Get email notifications of funding opportunities based on your research interests
Set Up Your Account
- Visit the SPINPlus website from which you will create a profile, access, and search through the SPINPlus System
- As a first time user, you will need to first "Create a New Profile" through SMARTS/GENIUS before you can begin using the full scope of offerings through the D'Youville College SPINPlus System. Please click on the "Create a New Profile" link to get started. Please follow the directions under the “Need to create a new profile?” link.
Get Email Notifications
Once you have created your SMARTS/GENIUS profile through SPINPlus, you will receive matching and funding opportunity notifications via email through a service called SMARTS. The system will email you opportunities that match your search as they are added to the international database.
Search for Collaborators
Find faculty who have research interests like yours and are seeking collaborators, through the GENIUS Search. This database displays faculty/investigator profiles based on your query parameters.
Health and Human Services (HHS) Grants Forecast
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ)
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
Indian Health Service (IHS)