Transfer Credit Policies
D'Youville College Transfer Credit Policies
Incoming Transfer Students
The Registrar's Office determines whether college credits previously earned at other institutions may be transferred to D'Youville College to fulfill degree requirements. Official transcript evaluations are created for prospective transfer students with their acceptance letter.
- Transfer credit may be awarded for each theory-based college course in which the student has earned a grade of C or better from a regionally-accredited institution.
- Students must complete a minimum of 30 semester credit hours at D'Youville College and meet all of their major/program and core curriculum requirements in order to graduate from the College.
- Find out how many college credits may transfer to D'Youville by using our Online Course Equivalency Website.
Restrictions on Transfer Credit
- Transfer credit may be awarded for each course in which the student has earned a grade of C or better from a regionally-accredited institution.
- No more than 65 credits may be transferred from a two-year college or its equivalent; a greater number of credits will be transferred if allowed under an approved articulation agreement.
- Students may transfer up to half of the credits required for their major course or program of study.
- Students may transfer all of the credits required to meet the College's Core Curriculum requirements.
Certain majors or programs may require higher grades and specific timelines to transfer in specific areas. Therefore, departments and schools at D'Youville reserve the right to refuse to accept transfer credit hours in fulfillment of their major requirements.
Transfer credits from courses completed at institutions with other than regional accreditation are evaluated for transfer purposes on a case-by-case basis.
Current Students and Alumni
Grades for transfer credits do not appear on the D'Youville College transcript and are not included in the student's GPA calculation. To request a transcript, follow these instructions.
Contact UsRegistrar's Office
Daryl Smith, Registrar
Campus location: KAB 221
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Phone: (716) 829-8347
Fax: (716) 829-7622