Through our unique programs, complete a bachelor's degree and Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) in just six years.
Physical Therapy - Two-Degree BS + DPT Degree Program
D'Youville College offers freshmen a choice of 3 different sequential degree pathways that enable you to complete a bachelor's degree and Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) in six years, or the more traditional seven years.
D'Youville provides the option to accelerate your undergraduate path to complete the bachelor's in three years allowing you to earn a DPT in a total of 6 years. This accelerated program is not for everyone, as you are required at times to take 18 credits in one semester and some courses each summer.
Choose one of three beginning pathways to the doctoral program.
Bachelor of Science in Biology + DPT program
- Establishes a solid scientific foundation before entering graduate DPT program.
- Leaves open other scientific, research or post-graduate career options.
- This traditional pre-med BS in biology meets or exceeds most graduate program prerequisites for health-related fields.
Bachelor of Science in Exercise & Sports Studies + DPT program
- Ideal for the student interested in focusing a PT career on the physically active or athletic populations.
- Provides a comprehensive foundation in exercise program design and exercise prescription.
Bachelor of Science in Health Services Management + DPT program
- Provides strong foundation in U.S. healthcare laws and policies.
- Ideal for student who may want to open their own business practice or move into management positions in healthcare.
Upon completion of the BS degree, qualified graduate students then move directly into the three-year Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program.
- Over 80% of our clinical courses—labs and lectures—are taught by full-time clinical faculty. They have advanced special certification in their areas of practice, both community and clinically based. This is a unique feature of our program.
- Choose from more than 300 clinical sites for your fieldwork experience. Internet discussion runs concurrently with clinical fieldwork experiences so you always have a connection to your faculty, no matter your location.
- Our PT program established the only college-endorsed hippotherapy program in the nation. Today, students assist with this skilled treatment intervention, using horses to treat children with neurological, physical, emotional and cognitive disability.
- At D'Youville you will do clinical research and serve patients at physical therapy practices in the community. We exceed the level of research required by most PT programs nationally.
- Our graduates enjoy a 97% career placement rate within six months of graduation.
Get to Know Us
The movement of a horse is used in hippotherapy to enhance the functional skills of patients with disabilities.
"I worked with faculty to create an exercise program for senior citizens that we implemented at several area community centers."
Read her story
Gain experience working in our state of the art campus laboratories.