Mental Health Overview training will be delivered by the Coordinator of Clinical Program Development, Katie Miller LMHC.Training will provide accurate information about mental illness, the signs and symptoms of various (common) disorders, treatments, and available community resources.
- The training will further provide information on functional and effective communication skills, crisis de-escalation techniques as well as present safety precautions to incorporate in a professional, working environment. It will also provide an overview on family engagement strategies to support challenging family dynamics which may arise as family members cope with the stressors of a mental health diagnosis.
- This training will incorporate videos, information slides, and may include group activities to reinforce skill transfer.
- Once trained, participants will receive a certificate of completion.
Mental Health Overview Training
- When: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 from 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Location: Madonna Hall, Madonna Lounge
- Cost: Free
- Seating: Limited to 50 participants
Katie Miller LMHC has an extensive clinical background spanning a period of 15 years in Erie County. As part of the original launch of Care Coordination and the Wraparound Philosophy in Erie County, Katie has insight and experience providing services as both a care coordinator and in home vendor in the Children’s System of Care.
Additionally, Katie has worked in the residential system as the Director of Trauma Counseling as well as extensive experience in traditional community mental health clinic environments. As part of the Quality Improvement team at CCNY, Katie facilitates and manages multiple quality improvement projects as well as supports Care Coordination agencies and vendors with a variety of trainings and in-services including issues related to clinical topics and wrap fidelity.
For more information, please contact the Ericka Morley-Soto, Professional Program Coordinator at 716-829-7802 or email email@example.com.
Do you need special accommodations?
If you require special accommodations or information on accessible entrances and pathways, please call 716-829-8338.