Group Facilitation is presented by Juanita Green, CASAC-T LMHC-P, on Thursday, September 13, 2018.
Group therapy can be beneficial for members, by providing healthy support, promoting healthy social and communication skills along with developing healthy conflict resolution skills. This training workshop is designed for mental health and behavior health practitioners to increase their knowledge and skills in group facilitation. During this interactive workshop participants will learn the benefits of different groups for specific populations and develop the skills to provide these positive benefits for their group members.
At the conclusion of this training workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand and distinguish the difference between open and closed groups.
- Identify the benefits of group counseling
- Discuss what to expect from group counseling.
- Recall ways to recognize if a client is appropriate for group counseling or not.
- Identify and define the stages of groups.
- Address the importance of establishing group rules.
- Distinguish how boundaries can differ between group and individual counseling.
- Recognize how to utilize self-disclosure appropriately.
- Appropriately address conflicts between group members.
- Appropriately terminate groups.
Motivational Interviewing: Applications in Mental health
- When: Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 9 AM - 12 PM
- Location: College Center (CC), Room 201
- Cost: Free; Limit of 20
Juanita L. Green, CASAC-T LMHC-P, is a mental Health Counselor for the Personal Counseling Center at D’Youville College. Prior to working with the college population, she was a Senior Counselor I at Horizon Health Services. In her three years at Horizons, Juanita worked with dually-diagnosed clients providing several services including: individual counseling, family counseling and group counseling. Juanita has facilitated groups focused on various topics such as but not limited to: Early Recovery, Relapse Prevention, Relationships, Women, Wellness and REBT (Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy).
For more information, please contact Molly Flynn at 716-829-8313 or email email@example.com.
Do you need special accommodations?
If you require special accommodations or information on accessible entrances and pathways, please call 716-829-8338.