The filmmaking workshop starts on March 25, 2019 and is taught by Somnath Sen.
This workshop will demystify the process of filmmaking. There are no pre-requisites and participants do not need any prior experience in filmmaking. Some background in phone video application and editing software is a plus.
Participants will complete the following learning objectives:
- Understand how films are made – technology, aesthetics and the process.
- Learn basic screenwriting – this will culminate in the script for a short film.
- Learn how to use your phone for creating video and then edit using software. Participants will get hands on experience on these. Work will be reviewed.
- Finally, participants will work in groups to make one or two films.
This workshop will meet three evenings (MWF) during the week for two hours each day from 5 PM -7 PM. Additionally, participants will spend four hours each Saturday from 8 AM - 12 PM. While shooting the final films, participants can choose to spend more time on the workshop.
The meeting in Week 1 of the workshop will be via Skype or other video conferencing software.
Filmmaking Workshop (3 weeks)
- When: Starting March 25, 2019
- Location: School of Arts, Sciences & Education (SASE) 121
- Cost: $500; D'Youville students, faculty, staff, or alumni: $250
- Notes: The Monday, March 25, 2019 class is online till Friday, March 29, 2019
|Monday, March 25||Online through Friday, March 29, 2019|
|Monday, April 1||5-7 PM|
|Wednesday, April 3||5-7 PM|
|Friday, April 5||5-7 PM|
|Saturday, April 6||8 AM-12 PM|
|Monday, April 8||5-7 PM|
|Wednesday, April 10||5-7 PM|
|Friday, April 12||5-7 PM|
|Saturday, April 13||8 AM-12 PM|
For more information, please contact Phil Ciallela at 716-829-8014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need special accommodations?
If you require special accommodations or information on accessible entrances and pathways, please call 716-829-8338.