Updates to the American Diabetes Association Standards of Care and an Inter-Professional Approach to Diabetes Management by Katherine Frachetti, MD, Endocrinologist and D'Youville's own Michael MacEvoy, PharmD, BCPS, CDE.
The potential role of pharmacists in pharmacogenomics is a recognized area of growth and development for the profession. It is important for pharmacists to recognize the potential benefits and necessary Interprofessional collaboration required as well as the barriers, concerns, and limitations that they will face. This program will aim to address these issues as well as explore future directions.
After participating in the program, you will be able to:
- Describe the current treatments used for diabetes management
- Describe the role healthcare professionals play in providing care and counseling to patients, caregivers, healthcare providers and health systems.
- Discuss changes and future direction in Diabetes management
Inter-Professional Approach to Diabetes Management
- When: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 from 5:30PM - 8:00PM
- Location: D'Youville Academic Center (DAC), Floor 6
- Cost: $50 Register for the program
- CEUs: .20 No partial credit allowed.
2 (Category 1 CME) Contact Hours are approved for:
Pharmacist, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and Dieticians
Program Schedule (EDT)
5:30 – 6:00 pm: Registration and Serving of Light Dinner and Refreshments
6:00 – 7:30 pm: Presentation
7:30 – 8:00 pm: Open Forum / Q&A Period
For more information, please contact Phil Ciallela at 716-829-8014 or email email@example.com.
Do you need special accommodations?
If you require special accommodations or information on accessible entrances and pathways, please call 716-829-8338.