The Community Health Worker Conference & Retreat will be held on Friday, March 13, 2020.
Community Health Workers (CHW’s) have become increasingly recognized as playing an integral role in health promotion, intervention, and maintenance in our region, state and the country over the past several years. CHW’s are individuals of and from the communities they serve, who are working on a broad array of health and community well-being initiatives, in sectors ranging from healthcare to housing to education.
The Community Health Worker Network of Buffalo (now operating under the umbrella of CoNECT- Community Network for Engagement, Connection and Transformation) has trained hundreds of CHW's in their “Core Competencies for CHW’s” course; and has recently developed a partnership with D’Youville College to expand training, education and workforce development opportunities for CHW’s and employers; while still ensuring that the integrity of the community-driven and owned core of the CHW model is protected.
- Best practices and research on CHW’s, including local voices and projects; with links to local resources
- Help inform the direction of the CHW Network and let us know what you need as CHW’s, organizations and employers
- Lunch & Retreat Session: We will practice some self-care/burnout prevention and discuss current challenges and opportunities for us in the world of CHW work. Get information about upcoming recertification sessions and ongoing professional development on topics such as burnout prevention, cultural competency, trauma-informed care, and more!
Community Health Worker Conference and Retreat
- When: Friday, March 13, 2020 from 9 AM - 12 PM (conference)
& 12 PM - 2 PM (lunch & retreat for community health workers)
- Location: College Center (CC)
The cost of this conference is subsidized by several foundations and sponsors. Please choose the level of participation that accommodates your needs and ability to support our ongoing work. Cost should not be a barrier for interested CHW’s and other stakeholders to attend.
- $15: CHW without organizational sponsorship
- $30: CHW with organizational sponsorship
- $40: Stakeholder/employer
- $1: I am requesting a needs-based scholarship
Group rates and organizational discounts are available.
For more information, please contact Sarah Ziolkowski at email@example.com.
Do you need special accommodations?
If you require special accommodations or information on accessible entrances and pathways, please call 716-829-8338.