The four-year professional program leads to a Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
D'Youville's Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program integrates the natural and social sciences with practice experience in a team-based educational environment. The four-year professional program will prepare you to practice pharmacy in an inter-professional patient-centered environment where pharmacists are responsible for assisting patients in managing their medication regimens.
- Start your introductory pharmacy practice experience in your first semester. You'll learn to communicate with patients, solve problems related to medications and manage yourself and others in a practice environment.
- Showcase your best work and document your progress in mastering the school's educational outcomes through an e-portfolio.
- Enrich your leadership skills while giving back, by joining D'Youville faculty in community service projects.
- Get hands-on experience in D'Youville's state-of-the-art campus medical laboratories.
- D'Youville offers an accelerated MBA option designed for students enrolled in the professional pharmacy program. Earn your MBA degree while pursuing your PharmD degree.
Upon graduation, you will be prepared to:
- communicate effectively with patients and other health care practitioners
- troubleshoot and solve problems related to drug therapy regimens
- develop and evaluate programs to improve the health of the communities you serve
- become a compassionate healthcare provider and effective contributor to a healthcare team
Note to applicants: Be sure to check out application and admission requirements for this program.
- Admissions Requirements
- Brochure (PDF)
- Fact Sheet (PDF)
- MBA Option
- Student Handbook Class of '16 (PDF)
- Student Handbook Class of '14 & 15 (PDF)
Get to Know Us
"D'Youville has given me many opportunities to really thrive as leader." Read more
"I was a pharmacist in the U.S. Air Force during Desert Shield/Storm." Read more
"Make Your Mark"
D'Youville pharmacy students' entry for the annual APhA-ASP PharmFlix themed video competition shows how you can make your mark as as a pharmacist.