D'Youville pharmacy students begin introductory pharmacy practice experiences in their first semester.
School of Pharmacy
The need for pharmacists is expected to grow significantly over the next decade. This is due in part to the "aging of America."
Because seniors use more prescription drugs than their younger counterparts, the pharmacy profession must be positioned to meet the challenge.
D'Youville College's new School of Pharmacy is preparing students to practice in an inter-professional, patient-centered environment where pharmacists assist patients in managing their medication regimens.
- Your coursework in the natural and social sciences is integrated with practice experience so that you can learn, remember, and apply what you have been taught.
- Begin introductory pharmacy practice experiences in your first semester.
- Learn and work collaboratively with other healthcare providers through D'Youville College's expansive offerings in a variety of healthcare professions.
- Take classes and work in state-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms in the D'Youville Academic Center.
- D'Youville graduates continue to achieve excellent scores on the national pharmacy licensure and jurisprudence exams.
- Our graduates report a 98% job placement rate within six months of graduation.
Majors & Programs
Get to Know Us
"My research utilizes cell and molecular biology to investigate how oxidative stress can serve as a tool to promote cell death in cancer cells."
Read her story
"D'Youville has given me many opportunities to really thrive as leader."
Read his story
Pharmacy professor's research aims to identify potential novel therapeutic targets.
Read his story
D'Youville College's Doctor of Pharmacy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
NEWS & EVENTS
D'Youville & Catholic Health form a Partnership for Training, Education
02-09-2016 - The agreement brings DYC healthcare students to Catholic Health’s downtown simulation lab for interprofessional training.
DYC Pharmacy School Names Jadoch as Assistant Dean
11-12-2015 - A member of the DYC faculty since 2011, Christopher Jadoch has been instrumental in establishing community service opportunities for students.
The Economist ranks DYC in top 20% in first-ever college rankings
11-03-2015 - The list takes a new approach to college comparisons by focusing exclusively on economic value.