Physician Assistant Combined BS/MS Degree
Deadline: For fall 2015, the application and all supplemental application materials must be postmarked by:
- November 1, 2014 for transfer applicants.
- December 1, 2014 for freshman applicants.
Applicants are encouraged to apply earlier to receive fullest consideration.
Requirements: Be sure to review the admission requirements for this program.
Application: apply online
Supplemental application materials:
- Provide official documentation of at least 80 hours of direct patient contact hours either through volunteer activities or employment activities
- Write an essay of 750 words on the following topic
- Three reference forms, one of the three references should come from a healthcare provider or professional (i.e., a physician, RN, PA, etc.) who has observed the candidate in a healthcare setting (either volunteer or employed)
Interview: Following review of application materials, select applicants are invited for an interview by PA department faculty and practicing physician assistants. Only applications completed by the deadline will be considered for an interview. Interviews are typically conducted in late fall.
Decision: Decisions are mailed out within 3-4 weeks following the interview.
Community Education Project
Students in the Physician Assistant program work closely with their preceptors in identifying a project topic that is pertinent to the needs of patients during their clinical experience. The student learns how to provide effective patient education about a particular topic, and utilizes the Community Education project materials as the basis for the Poster Presentation at the end of the clinical year.