The demand for physician assistants continues to grow, making this profession an exciting career choice.
A licensed physician assistant provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive healthcare services under the supervision of, but not necessarily in the presence of, a physician.
At D'Youville College, in just four and half years you can earn a combined bachelor's and master's degree in physician assistant (BS/MS) through our combined degree program.
- Direct entry to the department means there's no need to re-apply for upper-level program studies.
- Our faculty's diverse areas of clinical and research expertise offer students the most current information in all fields of medicine.
- Our close-knit faculty and administrative staff help you complete an extensive 52-week clinical training program. Their support helps D'Youville graduates continue to achieve excellent scores on the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam.
- You can apply to the Physician Assistant program before you've earned your bachelor's degree. If accepted, you'll take only the courses you need to enter the didactic phase of the program.
- Clinical internships take place in a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient settings, allowing you the opportunity to experience both urban and rural healthcare delivery.
- You'll graduate six months faster than at other programs because during your clinical rotation phase you'll be taking graduate courses in the evenings, online or during scheduled breaks.
- Our graduates report a 95% job placement rate within six months of graduation, in the medical fields of their choice.
Majors & Programs
Get to Know Us
Clinical internships take place in a variety of settings, so you can experience urban and rural health care delivery.
Our faculty's diverse clinical and research expertise offer the most current information in all fields of medicine.
D'Youville graduates continue to achieve excellent scores on the PANCE exam.
Our graduates report a 95% job placement rate within 6 months of graduation.
NEWS & EVENTS
D'Youville & Catholic Health form a Partnership for Training, Education
02-09-2016 - The agreement brings DYC healthcare students to Catholic Health’s downtown simulation lab for interprofessional training.
The Economist ranks DYC in top 20% in first-ever college rankings
11-03-2015 - The list takes a new approach to college comparisons by focusing exclusively on economic value.
Student Physician Assistant Association Raises Funds for People in Need
09-30-2015 - Team SPAA participated in the Sept. 26 Friends of the Poor Walk/Run to raise money for those experiencing hardship.