The demand for physician assistants continues to grow, making this profession an exciting career choice.
A licensed physician assistant provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive healthcare services under the supervision of, but not necessarily in the presence of, a physician.
At D'Youville College, in just four and half years you can earn a combined bachelor's and master's degree in physician assistant (BS/MS) through our combined degree program.
- Direct entry to the department means there's no need to re-apply for upper-level program studies.
- Our faculty's diverse areas of clinical and research expertise offer students the most current information in all fields of medicine.
- Our close-knit faculty and administrative staff help you complete an extensive 52-week clinical training program. Their support helps D'Youville graduates continue to achieve excellent scores on the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam.
- You can apply to the Physician Assistant program before you've earned your bachelor's degree. If accepted, you'll take only the courses you need to enter the didactic phase of the program.
- Clinical internships take place in a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient settings, allowing you the opportunity to experience both urban and rural health care delivery.
- You'll graduate six months faster than at other programs because during your clinical rotation phase you'll be taking graduate courses in the evenings, online or during scheduled breaks.
- Our graduates report a 95% job placement rate within six months of graduation, in the medical fields of their choice.
Majors & Programs
Get to Know Us
Clinical internships take place in a variety of settings, so you can experience urban and rural health care delivery.
Our faculty's diverse clinical and research expertise offer the most current information in all fields of medicine. Read more
D'Youville graduates continue to achieve excellent scores on the PANCE exam. Read more
Our graduates report a 95% job placement rate within 6 months of graduation. Read more
NEWS & EVENTS
Physician Assistant Students Raise Money for Sierra Leone
05-13-2013 - DYC PA students hosted their 2nd annual pig roast to raise money for Jericho Road Global Health Outreach. The outreach program is assisting in meeting the tremendous medical needs in Sierra Leone, West Africa.
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society publishes alumnae co-authored article
04-19-2013 - The article was co-authored by D'Youville College Physician Assistant alumnae, Marisa Vallone, Sara Russell, and Beth Sackett, with research conducted while they were students.