Family Nurse Practitioner (MS)
A family nurse practitioner meets the healthcare needs of the family by providing primary and specialty care for patients of all ages.
As a student in D'Youville College's master of science FNP program, you will:
- learn to assess, diagnose and manage common acute and chronic illnesses
- become skilled in promoting healthy habits and educating patients about disease prevention
- gain practical experience in women's health, pediatrics and adult settings
- have the opportunity to work closely with faculty mentors and those from the nursing community
- take classes on Thursdays and/or Fridays
- complete the degree program after 40 credit hours
- be prepared to take the examination for board certification
According to a survey conducted at an AANP conference, Nurse Practitioners are more professionally satisfied than are doctors or perhaps any other type of healthcare professionals.
Majors & Programs
- Family Nurse Practitioner MS
Advanced Certificate (post-master's)
Note to applicants: Be sure to check out the application and admission requirements for this program.
Get to Know Us
"I am destined to do something great and help a population that many people don't realize exist."
Read her story
D'Youville is one of the most affordable colleges in the Northeast. We offer generous scholarships and smart financing solutions.
The Interprofessional Clinical Advancement Center is a research and academic project that uses professional actors to create real-life patient care simulations for students. Students from eight healthcare disciplines at D'Youville College take part in the Center, including nurse practitioner.