Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
A doctoral program designed for nurses with a master's degree in advanced practice nursing.
As demand for healthcare services has grown, advanced practice nurses have become increasingly important care providers. D'Youville's new Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree program is designed for nurses with a master's degree in an advanced practice specialty who seek to enhance their knowledge and professional future in an ever-evolving, integrative healthcare system.
Upon graduation you'll be prepared to
- Serve in a leadership role as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Implement new practice approaches to healthcare delivery
- Learn in a program that integrates communications, business, financial and cultural sensitivity principles
- Benefit from an individualized plan of study that is created for you after a detailed evaluation of your transcripts and documented clinical hours
- Earn your DNP degree in two years of study
- Complete your capstone project where you work
- Start the program in the fall or spring semester
- Choose to attend the program full-time or part-time
Majors & Programs
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Note to applicants: Be sure to check out the application and admissions requirements for this program.
Get to Know Us
Hear what our students have to say about D'Youville's DNP program.
D'Youville was the first college in WNY to offer a bachelor's degree in nursing in 1942.
Campus visits are a great way to get a feel for what DYC is all about.
At D'Youville, we've invested over $40 million in our campus, including a new state of the art academic center.
"Our faculty's clinical expertise is our greatest asset."
Read her story