Dear Potential Graduate Student,
D'Youville College School of Nursing is committed to creating a learning environment that is responsive to the changes and challenges of the nursing profession, health care, and the world community. We recognize the tremendous contribution to the health of the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities that practicing nurses make. We have structured our graduate programs to respond to individual learning needs with a focus on building and expanding our graduates' practices as professional nurses.
Our programs prepare advanced practices nurses as Family Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Nurse Specialists. Those opting for the CNS in Community Health can select an advanced clinical track or the nurse educator track. We also have a post master's family nurse practitioner track.
Hallmarks of the programs include:
- Flexibility with how course are scheduled: students can attend full or part time
- Maximum flexibility by clustering nursing courses on Thursdays and Fridays
- Our concentrated program requires fewer credits than similar four year institutions
- Blended course offerings that combine online learning with face to face interaction
- Programs with a strong focus on Evidence Based Practice
- FNP graduates have scored 100% on national AANP certification
- Opportunity to engage in scholarship and contribute to the discipline through thesis or project completion
- Nurse Practitioner faculty who maintain active practices
- Diverse Student populations
- Graduates who have excelled in nursing as Chief Nursing Officers and Presidents of major hospitals
The quality of our programs is the result of a cadre of excellent faculty who are highly competent as advanced practice nurses, educators, and scholars. They are active practitioners and therefore intimately aware of the current health care environment. They are well positioned to prepare nursing leaders to guide practice for the 21st century.
The decision to return to graduate school is complex because of all that it involves. We at D'Youville understand this and you can be confident that the sacrifices you will make will be well worth it. Our graduates are held in high esteem by the Western New York and Southern Ontario nursing community.
I look forward to welcoming you to D'Youville College and into our School of Nursing family.
Judith H. Lewis, EdD R.N.
Dean, School of Nursing