Community Health Nursing (MS)
Clinical nurse specialists in community health nursing provide highly expert care to communities with complex health needs.
D'Youville College's Master of Science degree program prepares you to become a recognized clinical leader who understands evidence-based nursing care. You will study advanced practice principles of nursing science, community health, and nursing theories and research.
Choose an academic track that matches your interests:
- Advanced Clinical Track
- Education Track
- Management Track
- Clinical placements and internships are convenient to your home or workplace
- Attend on a full-time or part-time basis
- Take classes one day a week—on Fridays
- Community Health Nursing courses are offered as a hybrid of online and in-class discussions
- Overnight dormitory housing (space permitting) is available at a nominal fee
Upon graduation, you will be eligible to take the Community Health Advanced Practice Certification Examination, offered by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Board certification allows you to use the credentials R.N., A.P.H.N., signifying Advanced Public Health Nurse - Board Certified.
Note to applicants: Be sure to check out the application and admission requirements for this program.
Get to Know Us
Faculty, undergraduate and graduate students at D'Youville are involved with research at every level. Read more
Gain experience working our state of the art campus laboratories. Read more