D'Youville offers two post-master's degree, advanced certificate programs:
Family Nurse Practitioner
- Designed for students who have already earned a master's degree in nursing, this 28-credit-hour program can be completed in 12 to 24 months.
- Graduates will be eligible to take the Family NP Certification Exam.
- Students accomplish 700 hours of clinical preceptorships and are well prepared to provide primary care to patients of all ages.
- Case management, preventive services, prescription writing, and family/client education are an integral part of the nurse practitioner practice.
- Graduates work independently and with other members of the health care team to provide comprehensive patient care.
Nursing and Health-Related Professions Education
- Intended for nurses and other healthcare professionals who seek a position as a faculty/teacher, clinical instructor, in-service educator or clinical education coordinator.
- The program is designed especially for students with a master's or doctoral degree who lack teaching experience as well as for current healthcare teachers who want to update their knowledge of educational theories, trends and resources.
- This certificate program is 9 credit hours consisting of three 3-credit-hour graduate level courses.
Note to applicants: Be sure to check out the application and admission requirements for this program.
- Admissions Requirements
- Family Nurse Practitioner Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Nursing & Health-Related Professions (PDF)