Bachelor's Degree Programs (BS)
As a chemistry major at D'Youville College, you'll study the traditional foundational areas of chemistry: inorganic, organic, physical, analytical and biochemistry.
The chemistry major leads to a Bachelor of Science degree. To meet your specific career goals, add a structured minor to further strengthen your background. Some examples include:
- Business Management
- Flexible Major Requirements – Our interdisciplinary coursework provides an excellent foundation for many career paths. At D'Youville, we encourage students to customize the curriculum to suit their future career goals.
- Laboratory Research Opportunities – Starting in your junior or senior year, you'll have the opportunity to conduct research under the supervision of D'Youville faculty. Some of our students also work with scientists at collaborating institutions like the world-renowned Roswell Park Cancer Institute. Some of our students have even presented their research at national and international conferences.
- Career and Graduate School Guidance– Ace your graduate or professional school entrance exams with D'Youville's in-house review course. Students at other colleges often pay $1,000 or more to take similar courses from commercial firms. If you're unsure about a career path, your assigned faculty advisor will help you explore your options.
- State-of-the-Art Research Facilities Gain experience with using cutting-edge, research-grade equipment in our new research laboratories.
- Combined Degree Track Benefit from direct entry into one of D'Youville's combined professional degree programs in health-related fields or education. You'll graduate in less time and save money, because you'll pay undergraduate tuition for your graduate studies.
- Small Classes Get individualized attention in small classes, usually around 20 students, and not more than 40. Science labs range from 12 to 15 students per class.
- Dedicated Faculty 100% of classes at D'Youville College are taught by faculty, not teaching assistants.
Note to applicants: Be sure to check out the application and admission requirements for this program.
Get to Know Us
"My ultimate goal after graduation is to attend medical school to become a physician." Read his story
Because a chemistry major can lead to almost limitless career possibilities, our program offers flexibility so that you can explore career interests. Read more
Biology and chemistry majors have paid research opportunities in junior and senior years. Read more
When you apply to D'Youville, you'll be automatically considered for a merit scholarship. These scholarships are based on academic achievement and are renewable.