By the time you reach your senior year, you'll be ready to apply what you've learned to an internship in your field of interest. D'Youville's Psychology Program has one of the most extensive internship programs you'll find anywhere.
- During your senior year in the Psychology Program, you'll be required to complete two (2) semesters of Internship and a co-requisite Senior Seminar.
- You'll be required to complete a minimum of 225 hours of internship experience each semester (~15 hours per week)
- Students may choose internships by volunteering in human or social service, forensic/legal, research, medical, school, or other placements that are consistent with their goals and interests and approved of by the College.
- You'll receive supervision from personnel at your internship placement and from D'Youville faculty and their peers on Internship within the co-requisite Senior Seminar.
- Investigate career opportunities in each of your internship placement
- Gain valuable experience for your resume or graduate school application
- Network with professionals in your field of interest
- Compliment your traditional coursework with hands-on learning
During the Senior Seminar you'll explore issues pertaining to your professional development (e.g., ethics, supervision, cultural diversity, applying to graduate school) that culminates in the development of a senior paper. Collectively, the senior experience of the Psychology Internship and co-requisite Senior Seminar at D'Youville is oriented to enhance your academic and professional development, as well as preparation for and competitiveness in obtaining employment or graduate school admission.
The faculty of the D'Youville Psychology Program are committed to helping students find internship placements within agencies and settings that are consistent with their career interests and plans. The following is a list of placements that D'Youville Psychology student interns have been placed in since 2002:
- Baker Victory Services – Preventative Services
- Buffalo Police Department
- Buffalo Psychiatric Center
- Buffalo Public Schools
- Camp Cradle Beach
- Child & Family Services
- Cheektowaga Central Schools
- City of Buffalo, Division of Substance Abuse Services
- Community Services Inc.
- Compeer of Western New York
- Crisis Services
- D'Youville College Admissions Office
- D'Youville College Athletic Department
- D'Youville College Public Relations Department
- Erie County Court Judge – 8th District
- Erie County District Attorney's Office
- Erie County Forensic Mental Health
- Escuela Secundaria Ángel María Herrera (Panama)
- Frontier Central Public Schools
- Gateway-Longview, Inc.
- Horizon Health Services
- Kaleida Addictions Center
- Lancaster Public Schools
- Mental Health Association of Erie County, Inc.
- Moving Miracles
- New Frontiers in Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Niagara Falls Public Schools
- North Tonawanda Public Schools
- The Partnership, Ltd.
- People Inc.
- Research Center for Children & Youth (SUNY)
- Research Institute on Addictions
- Rochester-Henrietta Central Schools
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Seneca Nation Clerks' Office
- Sisters Hospital
- Snelling Personnel
- West Seneca Public Schools
- Women & Children's Hospital Early Childhood Program
- YWCA Transitional Housing Program