Bachelor's Degree (BA)
The Psychology major is one the most popular undergraduate majors in the U.S. With a degree in psychology you can take many different career paths, including: counseling, marketing, forensics and law enforcement, education, sales, social work, or research.
D'Youville College's Psychology bachelor's degree program prepares students to understand various dimensions of psychology in order to promote the health, welfare and understanding of oneself and others. The Psychology major leads to a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Psychology as a Profession Seminars – Starting in your sophomore year, our faculty help you explore what type of career you're interested in. They'll explain various career paths in psychology and related fields and the steps to take in order to get a job. You'll benefit from professional development seminars throughout your senior year, so that upon graduation, you'll be prepared to start a job or for continue on for further schooling.
- Extensive Internship Program - By the time you reach your senior year, you'll be ready to apply what you've learned to an internship in your field of interest. D'Youville's Psychology Program has one of the most extensive internship programs you'll find anywhere. You'll build your resume and gain real world experience, while gaining perspective on your future career.
- Get individualized attention in small classes taught by accomplished faculty, not teaching assistants.
- Deepen your knowledge and cultural understanding through study abroad at a foreign university.
- Strong interdisciplinary coursework provides an excellent basis for graduate study. Add a minor to further strengthen your background.
Note to applicants: Be sure to check out the application and admission requirements for this program.
Get to Know Us
"The intimate size of our classes and seminars gives me a vested interest in seeing our students succeed." Read more
D'Youville's Psychology Program has one of the most extensive internship programs you'll find anywhere. Read more
With a degree in psychology you can take many different career paths, from counseling, to marketing to forensics and law enforcement. Read more
At DYC you'll have the chance to lead. Our clubs, community service and fun campus activities offer endless possibilities. Read more