Your Key to Success in College
Excel is a four-week residential summer academic support program for new students.
The program offers the opportunity to learn what you need to know in order to be successful in college courses. As a warm-up to your college career, you can learn about college courses and related activities in a non-competitive environment. Supportive college instructors and counselors will guide you through the process of applying specific college study techniques to the courses you will be required to take for credit beginning with the fall semester.
- To strengthen basic skills needed for academic success.
- To introduce students to the academic challenges of college.
- To teach students to take responsibility for their own learning.
- To orient students to the D’Youville community.
- To familiarize students with campus resources.
You will become familiar with campus resources such as:
- DYC website
- computer labs
- tutoring and study groups
- financial aid counseling
- academic and personal counseling
- career development services
- local cultural resources
Application Deadline and Costs
The total cost for the program is $3,350 including tuition, room and board. A limited number of grants are available.
Program applications must be received by June 15th. Early application is recommended since space is limited.
Learn how to meet your academic goals and handle a college workload with our Academic Success Workshop Series.
All incoming students who do not have a bachelor's degree must complete a four-part skills assessment exam.
Use our convenient Online Writing Lab (OWL) to learn grammar rules on punctuation, word choice, and more.
The Learning Center provides professional and peer tutoring in reading, writing, math, chemistry and other subjects.