Internships and practicum placements provide the opportunity to apply what you've learned in class to real-life situations. You'll build your resume with professional experience, while gaining perspective on a future career and establishing valuable connections in the job market.
Health Services Management Students (in the health education and operations track) must complete two internships:
- Junior year internship (fieldwork in community health and health education)
- Senior year (advanced internship in a selected area of health care)
- You'll receive academic credit for your internships
The practicum component of the graduate program connects students with healthcare leaders to bridge the gap between theory and practice. The practicum applies theories and principles of classroom learning in an area of the health care system. The practicum is mandatory, with a requirement of three credit hours under the supervision of a qualified preceptor and program faculty.
Internship and Practicum Locations
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Kaleida Health Systems (Buffalo General Hospital, Millard Fillmore Suburban, DeGraff)
- Catholic Health Systems (Kenmore Mercy, Mercy Hospital, Sisters of Charity Hospital, St. Joseph Hospital)
- Long Term Care facilities
- Assisted Living facilities
- Managed Care Organizations (Univera, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Independent Health Association)
- Voluntary Agencies (Red Cross, United Way, American Heart Association)
Get to Know Us
93% of D'Youville alumni are working in their field or attending graduate school - within months of graduation. Read More
When you apply to D'Youville, you'll be automatically considered for a merit scholarship. These scholarships are based on academic achievement and are renewable.
D'Youville has a special relationship with Canadian students. Many of our programs were developed especially with our Northern neighbors in mind. Read More
See the world as a D'Youville student! We offer study-abroad and exchange programs in 11 countries. It's one of the best decisions you'll ever make.