Health Analytics B.S.
Health analysts are skilled professionals who use technology to improve healthcare quality and lower costs.
In today’s world, the ability to analyze data is becoming more and more critical, and its importance in healthcare is growing. Hospitals, nursing homes, insurance companies and other healthcare organizations all need people with the skills necessary to analyze data.
When you major in health analytics at D'Youville, you'll get the skills and knowledge you need to join the exciting and fast-growing field of Big Data. You'll be prepared to solve problems using complex data, and you'll have the tools and methods you'll need to identify patterns, gain insight, and effectively communicate those findings to help people make better decisions about healthcare delivery.
Health analytics may be the right fit for you, if you're:
- a curious person
- someone who finds numbers and statistics interesting and fun
- a thinker, who asks good questions
As a health analytics major, you'll:
- Take courses to develop basic knowledge of medical terminology, the human body, and drugs and diseases that affect it.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the changing healthcare industry, including healthcare practices, public health and healthcare law.
- Study best practices in information technology and electronic health records
- Develop deep analytical skills to predict outcomes and identify risks and opportunities
- Study principles of management to ensure you understand the business environment
- Learn to communicate your findings, visually and orally
- Build your resume and gain real world experience through internships
- Learn and work collaboratively with students in allied health and business programs through D'Youville's expansive academic offerings.
- Gain a solid foundation in the liberal arts through D’Youville’s core curriculum
- Receive personal attention from our faculty who are not only experts in their field, but also thoughtful, caring mentors who will advise you.
Note to applicants: Be sure to check out the admission requirements for this program.
"I came to teaching after a career in health care that included management and direct patient care."
Read her story
When you major in health analytics, you'll be prepared to join the fast-growing field of "big data."
Are you interested in D'Youville as a option for college? Request a viewbook!
When you apply, you'll be automatically considered for a merit scholarship based on your academic achievement.
Campus visits are a great way to get a feel for what DYC is all about.
Applying to college is a big step in your academic life. We do everything possible to make the application process a smooth one for you.