Grant Life Cycle
The D'Youville College Grant Life Cycle is designed to provide an overview of the stages, process and procedures, roles and responsibilities for collaborative and effective grants administration.
Funding Source Identification & Pre-Proposal Review
- Principal Investigator (PI) develops a concept for a sponsored project, and needs to identify sponsor funding sources/opportunities.
- PI submits a Grant Interest Profile Form to notify the Institutional Advancement, Office of Grants Administration of their interest in sponsored funding support.
- Sponsored Programs Officer (SPO) works with the PI to set-up their Sponsored Programs Information Network-SPINPlus account, create their GENIUS Profile, and activate the SMARTS electronic notification service.
- PI reviews SMARTS notifications to identify potential funding sources which match their project interest(s), and uses GENIUS to identify potential collaborators.
- Grants Development Officer (GDO) works with the PI to review the funding source/opportunity and complete the Pre-Proposal Clearance (Form A)
- PI submits project proposal to Dean or Department Chair for review/approval.
- GDO & SPO reviews the sponsor’s Application Guidelines & Instructions with the PI.
- SPO creates the system of record for the proposed project in the institutional project and grants management database for the PI.