Grant Life Cycle
The D'Youville College Grant Life Cycle is designed to provide an overview of the stages, process and procedures, roles and responsibilities for collaborative and effective grants administration.
Proposal Review & Application Submission
- PI writes their proposal and works with the GDO to prepare the application in accordance with the sponsor’s guidelines, instructions and deadlines.
- GDO, SPO, and Financial Affairs Office (FAO) works with the PI to review the proposal and application for both technical and financial compliance.
- PI works with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) to assure compliance with any ethical or safety requirements, if applicable to the proposed project or research.
- GDO works with the PI to complete and submit the Final Proposal Review (Form B).
- GDO and PI submit application to the sponsor through Institutional Advancement.
- GDO forwards all review, proposal and application information, and documents to SPO to enter into the institutional project and grants management system.
- Sponsor and/or Peer Review of proposal application. Sponsor contacts Institutional Advancement- GDO and/or PI if additional application information is needed.