Exercise & Sports Studies
Bachelor's degree in Exercise & Sports Studies
D'Youville's Exercise and Sports Studies program provides a foundation comprised of 18 credits of ESS-specific coursework. Graduates in exercise and sports studies can directly enter industry in related jobs in sports and fitness. The degree is also a great stepping-stone for an advanced degrees in Exercise Physiology, Health & Human Performance, and Physical Education.
- Emphasizes the scientific aspects of exercise and physical fitness, such as strength and conditioning and personal training.
- Prepare students for credentialing examinations through the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) and the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- Our growing NCAA Division-III athletic programs for men and women, provides internship and learning opportunities.
- Hone your research skills with the program's close partnerships with D'Youville's nationally-known Center for Research on Physical Activity, Sport & Health.
- The program combines flexibility in its curriculum with internship experiences to prepare students to take professional roles upon graduation.
- Benefit from a solid liberal arts foundation and professional experience in your field.