Opportunities for ESS Graduates
Careers in Exercise & Sports Studies
A degree in Exercise & Sports Sciences provides an individual with adequate preparation to begin a career in any of these settings:
- Professional Athletics
- College/University Strength & Conditioning
- High School
- Health & Fitness Industry
- Personal Training
- Corporate Fitness
- Sports Medicine Clinic
- Exercise Physiology/Research
- Community Organizations (YMCA, etc..)
- Hospital/Medical Facility
- Sports Marketing/Promotion/Management
- Athletic Administration
- Hospitals/Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Sports Psychology
- Sports Sociology
- Sports Journalism
In addition, students completing the Exercise Studies or Health Professions tracks (Track 1 or 3) of the ESS program will be prepared for credentialing examinations administered by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA). This multidisciplinary degree also prepares students to pursue advanced graduate degrees in a number of fields including exercise physiology, or health and human performance.
D'Youville College ESS students are given the opportunity to explore various employment and career settings while completing internship and practicum requirements. During these experiences, students are encouraged to investigate career pathways and develop contacts with established professionals.
Why Choose D'Youville's ESS Program?
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Exercise & Sports Studies
- Flexibility in choosing either the Exercise Studies or Sports Studies track
- Minor in Exercise & Sports Studies
- Internship placement and guidance that is tailored to your academic and career interests
- The possibility of integrating the ESS program with other complementary areas of study and/or advanced degrees at D'Youville College, such as Dietetics, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant.