Curriculum and Instruction
M.S. in Curriculum and Instruction
The quality of the curriculum and instruction that students receive in school plays a vital role in their academic achievement.
At D'Youville College, you can broaden your professional knowledge and expand the contribution you make to the field of education through a master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction (C&I). The master of science degree in curriculum and instruction (C & I) at D'Youville College is designed as the intellectual and professional next step for certified teachers.
This program offers certified teachers essential knowledge and skills to become emerging professionals in their field in a flexible and individualized academic setting.
Our 30-credit program can prepare you to become a master-level teacher, curriculum coordinator, curriculum specialist or curriculum designer. Other opportunities include professional positions in curriculum planning and assessment. D'Youville's master's in C&I can be accepted as a "related field" in support of an application for professional certification.
According to NYSED, completion of a master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction will qualify for use in earning Professional certificate.
Choose from One of Four Concentrations
Our program features core coursework linking content and pedagogy and your choice of three concentration areas:
- Special Education (Childhood and Adolescence)
Each concentration is designed to provide our students with advanced knowledge in classroom methodology, classroom-based research and curriculum design. Additionally, students are able to take up to two elective graduate level courses to help them focus on areas of particular interest to them.
- Learn how to develop school-based curriculum and instructional strategies to enhance student learning and make significant contributions to the overall improvement of schools.
- Benefit from both practical and applied expertise as well as an extended theoretical basis of curriculum design and instruction techniques.
- Small class sizes means that you get personal attention.
- Upon completion of this degree, you'll fulfill the NYSED requirement on route to full professional certification.
This Curriculum and Instruction master's program is limited to initially-certified teachers. Applicants must also provide evidence of a BA or BS from an accredited college or university and initial teacher certification from NYSED or other state certification recognized by NYSED. Be sure to check out the application instructions for this program.