Curriculum and Instruction
M.S. in Curriculum and Instruction
The quality of the curriculum and instruction that students receive in school plays a vital role in their academic achievement.
At D'Youville College, you can broaden your professional knowledge and expand the contribution you make to the field of education through a master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction.
Our 30-credit program can prepare you to become a master-level teacher, curriculum coordinator, curriculum specialist or curriculum designer. Other opportunities include school administrator and other professional positions in curriculum planning and assessment.
Choose from One of Five Concentrations
Select from one of five 15-credit concentrations.
- Childhood Special Education
- Adolescent Special Education
- Learn how to develop school-based curriculum and instructional strategies to enhance student learning and make significant contributions to the overall improvement of schools.
- Benefit from both practical and applied expertise as well as an extended theoretical basis of curriculum design and instruction techniques.
- Small class sizes means that you get personal attention.
- Upon completion of this degree, you'll fulfill the NYSED requirement on route to full professional certification.
This Curriculum and Instruction master's program is limited to initially-certified teachers. Applicants must also provide evidence of a BA or BS from an accredited college or university and initial teacher certification from NYSED or other state certification recognized by NYSED. Be sure to check out the application instructions for this program.