Doctor of Educational Leadership (EdD)
The doctoral program in Educational Leadership at D'Youville College is dynamic and diverse as reflected in its faculty composition, courses offered, and quality of students it attracts.
The program is designed to prepare educational professionals to confront leadership challenges and engage in effective policy research, analysis, and implementation.
The D'Youville Educational Leadership doctoral program propels educators into government and private sector top-level P-20 administrative and policy making positions and inspires them to make a difference in changing and improving educational processes in countries, organizations, and communities they serve.
- Take professional core courses in cultural perspectives, advanced curriculum issues, assessment of teaching and learning, and best use of technology in education.
- Gain extensive knowledge of research and analysis, organizational behavior, communications, law and policy, and finance.
- Learn from established and diverse educational leaders who will serve as advisors, dissertation committee members, and program consultants and reviewers.
- Collaborate and network with peer learners in a small-class environment.
- Take convenient courses in the evenings, weekends and during summer.
- Graduate from a college whose reputation in teacher education is well-known and highly respected.
- Benefit from D'Youville's admissions partnerships
Note to applicants: Be sure to check out the application and admission requirements for this program.
Get to Know Us
"I focus my research on cultures of violence and female students in cities."
Read her story
Working closely with faculty has allowed me to build my skills as a researcher.
Faculty, undergraduate and graduate students at D'Youville are involved with research at every level.
D'Youville has a special relationship with Canadian students. Many of our programs were developed especially with our Northern neighbors in mind.
When they graduate, our students join a network of over 19,000 DYC alumni across the world.