Ed.D. in Graduate Education Leadership
Prospective candidates should forward the following items to the Graduate Admissions Office:
- A completed doctoral programs application
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts of all institutions attended
- Submission of any one of the following: GRE, GMAT, or LSAT scores
In addition to the application procedure, candidates must present the following:
- A completed master's degree, with a minimum graduate grade point average of 3.5 (based on a 4.0 system)
- Evidence of leadership and professionalism in education or a related field
- Two letters of professional recommendation
- A brief (500-1000 words) written statement of goals for pursuing doctoral study
- One writing sample from your graduate program coursework, not to exceed 30 pages in length.
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae
- Students being considered for admission will be asked to come to campus to be interviewed by education leadership faculty
Applications for admission are considered on a competitive basis.
Applicants who do not meet the above criteria but have a graduate grade point average of at least 3.25 and show promise will be reviewed on an individual basis by the admissions committee and may be admitted provisionally. While on provisional status, the student must meet all academic requirements of the program and must receive grades of B or better in the first four courses of the program.
Students may transfer up to 45 graduate credits with grades of B or better at the discretion of the program director. Credits must be from an accredited institution in courses appropriate to the program. In the event applicants have fewer than 45 hours of prior graduate work, prerequisite courses will be necessary to complete the total required.
Students must have a course in applied statistics or demonstration of minimum competency in applied statistics per written exam. Students not achieving competency will be required to take GRA 602 Statistics Seminar at D'Youville prior to or concurrent with the research course requirement.
We welcome you to join us for an information session or meeting about our graduate programs. For dates and locations please check the graduate admissions events calendar.