Canadian students follow a plan of study that will fulfill the New York State Certification requirements and the Ontario College of Teachers regulations enabling them to apply for a Certificate of Qualification to teach in the Province of Ontario.
Students admitted attend full-time only. All tuition, fees, and expenses must be paid in U.S. funds.
To be considered for admission to a master's degree program, candidates are required to submit the following items:
- A completed D'Youville College graduate application.
- Official or unofficial high school transcript.
- Official college and/or university transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended, which must be sent directly to D'Youville College by your college or university. (Unofficial transcripts can be used in reaching the admissions decision.)
- A completed International Graduate Applicant Financial Form.
- At least one letter of recommendation written by someone who has observed you working with children or young adults.
- A current resume.
- Letter of Intent.
- Suggested attendance at one of our teacher certification information sessions.
All applications are reviewed on a rolling admissions basis once a candidate's file is complete.
Please Note: An acceptance letter does not guarantee a place in the program. To reserve your place, a $300 non-refundable tuition deposit (US funds) is required. Admission is on a first come, first served basis. Our programs may fill up without advance notice.
Send all correspondence to the Graduate Admissions Office.
D'Youville College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, handicap, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, or creed in its admissions or in the administration of any of its policies, scholarships, or programs.