We offer master's-level teacher preparation programs to Canadian students who are planning to teach in Ontario.
We are proud that thousands of our Canadian graduates enjoy successful careers and are regarded as among the finest educators in Canada. D'Youville offers master's-level teacher preparation programs to Canadian students who are planning to teach in Ontario.
- Master of Science in Childhood Education (Grades J/K-6)
- Master of Science in Adolescence Education (Grades 7-12)
Adolescence education teaching areas: biology, chemistry, physics, earth science, social studies (geography, history), English, French, Spanish and mathematics
Our faculty will prepare you to create productive teacher-learner environments. They will help you develop your potential through research, practice, field experience and participation in other professional activities.
- Complete the Childhood Education program in three semesters, or Adolescence Education in three semesters.
- Most courses are offered every semester enabling you to take the ones you need when you need them.
- Evening and summer classes available. Generally, you will take classes on campus two days a week, although some sessions just require one day a week.
Canadian students follow a plan of study that will fulfill the New York State Certification requirements and the Ontario College of Teachers regulations. This will enable you to apply for a Certificate of Qualification to teach in the Province of Ontario.
Questions about the Program?
Penny Bissett Consulting is the Canadian contact for Ontario applicants to D'Youville College.Contact:
Tel: (905) 421-9130
Toll free: (866) 226-2322
Get to Know Us
"Once I graduate from the program, I plan to work as a teacher in Toronto (my hometown)." Read her story
Canadian citizens are eligible for 20% discount on net tuition. Read more
Find advice about visas and other important immigration matters at our International Student Office website. Read more
View our location on a map and get directions to campus. Read more