We offer master's-level teacher preparation programs to Canadian students who are planning to teach in Ontario.
We are proud that thousands of our Canadian graduates enjoy successful careers and are regarded as among the finest educators in Canada. D'Youville offers master's-level teacher preparation programs to Canadian students who are planning to teach in Ontario.
- Master of Science in Childhood Education (Grades J/K-6)
- Master of Science in Adolescence Education (Grades 7-12)
Adolescence education teaching areas: biology, chemistry, physics, earth science, social studies (geography, history), English and mathematics
Our faculty will prepare you to create productive teacher-learner environments. They will help you develop your potential through research, practice, field experience and participation in other professional activities.
- Complete the Childhood Education program in three semesters, or Adolescence Education in three semesters.
- Most courses are offered every semester enabling you to take the ones you need when you need them.
- Evening and summer classes available. Generally, you will take classes on campus two days a week, although some sessions just require one day a week.
Canadian students follow a plan of study that will fulfill the New York State Certification requirements and the Ontario College of Teachers regulations. This will enable you to apply for a Certificate of Qualification to teach in the Province of Ontario.
Questions about the Program?
Contact: Graduate Admissions
Toll-free: 1.(800) 777-3921
Phone: (716) 829-8400
- Admission Requirements
- Application Requirements
- Financial Aid for Canadians
- Canadian Teacher Education Fact Sheet (PDF)
Get to Know Us
"The great thing is that the professors have the success of their students in mind."
Read her story
Canadian citizens are eligible for 20% discount on net tuition.
Find advice about visas and other important immigration matters at our International Student Office website.
See a campus map, get directions to campus.