Secondary Education (Grades 7-12)
B.A. (in teachable subject) + M. S. Ed
Adolescents are at a critical time in their development and need caring, well-trained teachers to help advance their educational foundation.
D'Youville College's adolescence education programs prepare you with the necessary analytical and communication skills to excel in the classroom.
You'll select an area of concentration that you would like to teach:
Graduate in five years with bachelor's and master's degrees and be eligible for New York State initial certification. To become even more qualified when competing for a job, earn two teaching certifications—in special education and adolescence education.
D'Youville College offers these degree options in adolescence education:
Combined bachelor's/master's degree (five-year)
- B.A. (teachable subject) + M.S. Education - B.A. (in a teachable subject including Biology, Chemistry, English, History or Mathematics) + M.S. in Adolescence Education
Dual Certification in Special Education Option
- Choose our dual certification option in special education to gain an advantage in your job search.
- Enjoy small classes and engaging faculty with numerous years of teaching in grades K-12
- Begin field experience during your freshman year with elementary and high schools in the area.
- Enter our unique five-year combined degree program as a freshman. Obtain the required master's degree so you can enter the career marketplace a full year earlier than others.
Note to applicants: Be sure to check out the application and admission requirements for these programs.