Enter our five-year combined degree program as a freshman and you'll join the career marketplace a full year earlier than others.
Department of Education
School teachers play a vital role in a child's development. As a teacher, you have the potential to influence thousands of children and youth throughout your career.
D'Youville College has a rich history of preparing some of the finest teachers in the region. Our education programs are widely recognized and lead to New York State initial or professional certification in many specialties.
- Save time and money by earning a bachelor's and master's degree in five years instead of six. Enter the career marketplace a full year earlier than others.
- If you hold a bachelor's degree in a field other than education, become eligible for initial certification after completing a D'Youville master's degree program.
- Our Canadian Teacher Certification Program is popular with Ontario students who return to Canada to teach.
Majors and Programs
Five-year bachelor's & master's degrees:
- Childhood Education
- Adolescence Education
- Special Education (Childhood, Adolescence)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Curriculum and Instruction
Canadian Teacher Certification Program
- This master's level program is specifically designed for Canadian citizens who want to teach in Ontario.
Advanced Certificate Programs:
Get to Know Us
Ashli Skura Dreher is 2014 NY State Teacher of the Year.
Undergraduate and graduate students who intend to teach full-time may be eligible for the federal TEACH grant.
Our Canadian Teacher Certification Program is popular with Ontario students who return to Canada to teach.
Our Educational Leadership (EdD) Program is designed to prepare educational professionals to confront leadership challenges.
NEWS & EVENTS
DYC to Offer 2 New Advanced Certificate Programs in Education
08-04-2014 - The post-baccalaureate certification programs will provide training in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) and Educational Technology.
Newly Named BPS Interim Superintendent is a DYC Graduate
06-20-2014 - Will Keresztes, '11 earned his doctorate in educational leadership (EdD) from D'Youville College.