Enter our five-year combined degree program as a freshman and you'll join the career marketplace a full year earlier than others.
Department of Education
School teachers play a vital role in a child's development. As a teacher, you have the potential to influence thousands of children and youth throughout your career.
D'Youville College has a rich history of preparing some of the finest teachers in the region. Our education programs are widely recognized and lead to New York State initial or professional certification in many specialties.
- Save time and money by earning a bachelor's and master's degree in five years instead of six. Enter the career marketplace a full year earlier than others.
- If you hold a bachelor's degree in a field other than education, become eligible for initial certification after completing a D'Youville master's degree program.
- Our Canadian Teacher Certification Program is popular with Ontario students who return to Canada to teach.
Majors and Programs
Five-year bachelor's & master's degrees:
B.A. Liberal Studies for Education + M.S. in Education
- B.A. (in teachable subject) + M.S. in Education
- Childhood Education
- Special Education (Childhood, Adolescence)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Canadian Teacher Certification Program
- This master's level program is specifically designed for Canadian citizens who want to teach in Ontario.
Advanced Certificate Programs:
Get to Know Us
Ashli Skura Dreher is 2014 NY State Teacher of the Year.
Undergraduate and graduate students who intend to teach full-time may be eligible for the federal TEACH grant.
Our Canadian Teacher Certification Program is popular with Ontario students who return to Canada to teach.
DYC has partnered with West Buffalo Charter School to create an early childhood tennis program.
NEWS & EVENTS
DYC Tennis Program for Kindergarteners Receives 2nd Year of Funding
09-28-2015 - Robert Gamble, PhD, professor of education, developed and piloted the program at West Buffalo Charter School.
Educational Leadership Professor Publishes Major Volume on Female Students and Violence
09-01-2015 - In her research, Julia Hall, PhD, considers the school and community experiences of urban, marginalized youth.