Dietetics Combined Degree
Dietetics BS/MS (5 years)
With D'Youville's combined degree program, you can earn your BS/MS degree in dietetics in just five years. Our program prepares you to become a registered dietitian. Upon graduation you are eligible to take the national registration examination for dietitians.
D'Youville's BS/MS degree program in Dietetics combines classroom learning, research and clinical practice in a range of healthcare facilities in the Buffalo area. You'll gain practical experience and professional skills in clinical dietetics, community nutrition, food service management and nutrition education. The concentration in Advanced Nutrition Practice gives you the knowledge and skills to:
- treat patients with complex conditions, such as trauma, pediatric hospitalizations, renal failure with complications, and nutrition support
- plan, develop and implement nutrition intervention programs
- develop and manage your own private practice
- conduct research and present your findings
Did You Know?
- D'Youville established the nation's first five-year BS/MS degree program in dietetics, which offers an innovative departure from traditional four year coordinated programs and those that require an additional internship year.
- Graduates enjoy a nearly 100% career placement rate each year
- Our unique degree program allows you to pay undergraduate tuition for graduate study.
- You will be admitted directly into the coordinated program (senior and graduate years) as long as you maintain academic standards – no need to apply to the CP.
This five-year coordinated program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics.
Get to Know Us
When you apply, you'll be automatically considered for a merit scholarship based on your academic achievement.
See the world as a D'Youville student! We sponsor study-abroad and exchange programs in 11 countries. It's one of the best decisions you'll ever make.
Adding a Spanish minor to your degree plan will make you more marketable in the job market.