Dietetics BS/MS (5 years)
With D'Youville's combined degree program, you can earn a bachelor's and master's degree in dietetics in just five years. Enter the program as a freshman and you'll be admitted directly into the coordinated program (senior and graduate years) as long as you maintain academic standards – there's no need to re-apply.
Upon graduation you're eligible to take the national examination to become a Registered Dietitian (RD).
As a student in our fully-accredited program, you'll gain supervised practice experience in local facilities that support the development of professional skills in clinical dietetics, community nutrition and food service management. In addition, the program's concentration in advanced nutrition practice provides higher level coursework and experiences in:
- treating patients with complex conditions, such as trauma, pediatric hospitalizations, renal failure with complications, and nutrition support
- planning, developing and implementing nutrition intervention programs
- developing and managing a private practice
- planning and conducting research, including communicating findings of this research
- D'Youville established the nation's first five-year BS/MS degree program in dietetics, which offers an innovative departure from traditional four year coordinated programs and those that require an additional internship year.
- Graduates enjoy a nearly 100% career placement rate each year
- Our unique degree program allows you to pay undergraduate tuition for graduate study.
Note to applicants: Be sure to check out the application and admission requirements for this program.
Get to Know Us
When you apply, you'll be automatically considered for a merit scholarship based on your academic achievement.
See the world as a D'Youville student! We sponsor study-abroad and exchange programs in 11 countries. It's one of the best decisions you'll ever make.
Adding a Spanish minor to your degree plan will make you more marketable in the job market.