D'Youville established the nation's first five-year BS/MS degree program in dietetics.
Dietitians are health professionals with expertise in food, nutrition, management, education and research.
The demand for skilled dietitians is increasing because of a growing older population and an emphasis on disease prevention and treatment through improved health habits.
Earn your bachelor and master of science degrees in dietetics in just five years. Upon graduation, you are eligible to take the national registration examination for dietitians.
- Benefit from both a solid liberal arts foundation and professional study in your field.
- Ability to accept transfer students, including graduates of didactic programs (DPD).
- Gain supervised practice experience in local facilities that support the development of professional skills in dietetics.
- Complete a concentration in advanced nutrition practice, which provides higher-level coursework and experiences in pediatric nutrition, critical care nutrition, private practice, community nutrition, and research.
- Benefit from an excellent career placement rate, nearly 100% annually.
- Access job opportunities not available without a master's degree.
Note to applicants: Be sure to check out the application and admission requirements for this program.
Get to Know Us
"My internship reminded me of why I want to work in the healthcare industry."
Read her story
"I studied abroad in Sydney and interned for Food & Nutrition Australia."
Read her story
NEWS & EVENTS
Dietetics Professor Honored by Council of Food Service Association
02-24-2015 - Megan Whelan, RD was awarded a Silver Medal for her leadership and dedication to the dietetics profession.
56th Honors Convocation to Laud Students
02-05-2015 - Brenda Williams McDuffie, president & CEO of Buffalo Urban League, will speak at the March 4 event.