Dual, Combined & Sequential Degrees
All of our academic programs meet or exceed the high standards required by accrediting organizations. Our professional programs also continue the strong liberal arts emphasis found in undergraduate majors.
Earn a highly-respected bachelors and advanced degree here at D'Youville in less time than you can at other institutions by starting as a freshman.
How to Apply
To apply to any of the dual, combined or sequential degree programs, complete the undergraduate online application. Physician Assistant applicants need to also complete the Physician Assistant application.
- Accounting/International Business CPA Track (5 years)
- Chiropractic DC + Biology BS (7 years)
- Dietetics BS/MS (5 years)
- Education BA+MS (5 years)
- Human Occupation/Occupational Therapy BS+MS (5 years)
- Physical Therapy DPT (BS in Biology, Exercise and Sports Studies, or Health Services Management +DPT 6 years)
- Physician Assistant BS/MS (5 year)
Bachelor of Science in Accounting/Master of Science in International Business
- Fulfills the 150-hour requirement to sit for the Certified Public Accountant licensing exam after graduation.
- Students also gain expertise in international business, creating further career opportunities at home and overseas. Accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education.
- Includes coursework in professional accounting, general business, and liberal arts and sciences content areas.
- Letters of recommendation and letter of intent to study a specific discipline are strongly recommended when applying.
Bachelor of Science in Biology leading to a professional Doctorate in Chiropractic
- Gain a strong knowledge base of chiropractic theory, scientific research and clinical practice supported by the liberal arts.
- Unique multi-disciplinary research approach prepares graduates exceptionally well for a variety of healthcare settings, including private practice.
- Your clinical internship will be in our new, state-of-the-art certification clinic on campus. A range of community-based externships are available, working one-on-one with private-practice specialists. You get experience observing and/or treating a wide variety of patients and conditions.
- 28 credits in the biological sciences are applied to both degrees, allowing you to complete the two degrees in 7 rather than 8 years.
Bachelor and Master of Science degree in Dietetics
- Combines classroom learning, research and clinical practice in a range of healthcare facilities in the Buffalo area.
- Focus includes clinical dietetics, food systems, management, community nutrition and research.
- Prepares you to become a registered dietitian by taking the registration examination after graduation.
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education of the American Dietetic Association.
- Graduates enjoy a nearly 100% career placement rate each year.
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies (or a high school content area)/Master of Science in Education, plus teaching certification
- Leads to professional New York State initial certification in Childhood Education (Grades 1-6), Middle Childhood Education (Grades 5-9), Adolescence Education (Grades 7-12) and Special Education.
- The five-year integrated degree allows you to obtain the required master's degree and enter the career marketplace a full year earlier than others.
- Features small classes and engaging faculty with numerous years of teaching in grades K-12.
- Research, practice, field experience and our partnership with area schools help you to excel as an educator. We also prepare you to contribute to the field of education through research, conference presentations and publications.
- You will be immediately eligible for certification upon graduation.
Bachelor of Science in Human Occupation and Master of Science Occupational Therapy
- Studies of the arts, humanities, and sciences are combined with professional studies of occupational therapy.
- Fieldwork experiences begin in your first year. Advanced fieldwork includes two three-month placements in clinics throughout the U.S., Canada and other countries.
- Prepares you to become a registered occupational therapist by taking the National Certification Examination for Occupational Therapists after graduation. Most states, including New York, require licensure to practice.
- Our graduates enjoy consistently high career placement rates.
Bachelor of Science in International Business/Master of Science in International Business
- Approaches traditional business studies from a multinational perspective.
- Includes course work in a foreign language, quantitative research, finance and accounting, communication, ethics and interpersonal skills.
- Exciting and rewarding international fieldwork begins in the summer session between the fourth and fifth years of study.
- Graduates can secure worldwide employment with multinational companies, small exporting firms, international financial institutions, government agencies, and management consulting firms, for example.
- Accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
Doctor of Physical Therapy degree with a choice of beginning pathways:
- Bachelor of Science in Biology + DPT program offered through the Math and Natural Sciences Department.
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise & Sports Studies + DPT program offered through the Exercise and Sports Studies Department.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Services Management + DPT program offered through the Health Services Administration Department.
- Over 80% of our clinical courses are taught—lab and lecture—by full-time clinical faculty. They have advanced special certification in their areas of practice, both community and clinically based.
- Our PT program established the only college-endorsed hippotherapy program in the nation. Today, students assist with this skilled treatment intervention, using horses to treat children with neurological, physical, emotional and cognitive disability.
- We offer quality fieldwork experiences at more than 300 clinical sites. Concurrent web-based seminars connect you to your faculty regardless of where you choose to do your fieldwork.
- Not all PT programs offer research. At D'Youville, you'll do clinical research and serve patients at physical therapy practices in the community. We exceed the level of research required by PT programs nationally.
- Our graduates enjoy a 97% career placement rate within six months of graduation.
Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Physician Assistant
- Learn to elicit a detailed and accurate patient history, perform an appropriate physical examination, record and present pertinent data. Perform and interpret routine diagnostic studies, perform therapeutic procedures, instruct, counsel and treat patients.
- Our close-knit faculty and administrative staff help you complete an extensive 52-week clinical training program. As a result, our graduates continue to achieve excellent scores on the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam. Certified physician assistants are eligible to practice both in the office and hospital setting.
- Accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
- Our graduates report a 95% job placement rate within six months of graduation, in the medical fields of their choice.