The Career Discovery Program allows you to explore multiple academic programs before making a commitment to one major.
Career Discovery Program (CDP)
If you love what you do, then it's not work. Let us help you discover what you love.
The Career Discovery Program (CDP) gives students an opportunity to examine all of the academic majors available at D'Youville College. Students may take as many as four semesters to choose an academic major.
Who does it serve?
The CDP is designed to serve three types of students:
- Students who wish to begin college without an immediate commitment to a major (undecided)
- Students who require more preparation before applying to particular major
- Students who are in the process of transitioning from one major to another
What we offer:
- Guided exploration of academic majors and minors.
- Personalized, one-on-one advisement and registration assistance.
- Courses that teach research and goal setting skills.
- Focus on the core curriculum requirement
- On-campus connections with faculty & other students
- Interactions with campus offices and departments
For more information about D'Youville's Career Discovery Program contact the CDP Office at (716) 829-8148 or the Admissions Office at (800) 777-3921 or (716) 829-7600.
Get to Know Us
"The Career Discovery Program made me realize chemistry is what I want to major in."
Read her story
The Career Discovery Program helped me open my eyes to what I major I wanted to study.
"I strive to create an environment where students feel comfortable asking questions and posing ideas."
Read her story