The Career Discovery Program allows you to explore multiple academic programs before making a commitment to one major.
Career Discovery Program (CDP)
How Does it Work?
The CDP allows students to examine all of the academic majors available at D'Youville College. Students may take as many as four semesters to choose an academic major. As a CDP student, you'll have access to one-on-one guidance and enroll in credit-bearing courses that teach research and goal setting skills, and provide professional networking opportunities.
Who Does it Serve?
The CDP is designed to serve three types of students:
- Students who wish to begin college without an immediate commitment to a major (undecided)
- Students who require more preparation before applying to particular major
- Students who are in the process of transitioning from one major to another
What Can I Expect?
- Academic and career planning guidance
- Exploration of academic majors
- One-on-one advisement and registration assistance
- Courses that teach research and goal setting skills
- Focus on the core curriculum requirement
- Networking opportunities with faculty & other students on campus
For more information about D'Youville's Career Discovery Program contact the CDP Office at (716) 829-8148 or the Admissions Office at (800) 777-3921 or (716) 829-7600.
Get to Know Us
"The Career Discovery Program made me realize chemistry is what I want to major in."
Read her story
The Career Discovery Program helped me open my eyes to what I major I wanted to study.
"I strive to create an environment where students feel comfortable asking questions and posing ideas."
Read her story