The Career Discovery Program allows you to explore multiple academic programs before making a commitment to one major.
Career Discovery Program
Many new students decide to delay choosing a major if they have varied interests or have not identified a main focus for their studies.
To help students clarify their academic interests (PDF), D'Youville College's Career Discovery Program offers these possibilities:
- Take courses that fulfill the core curriculum requirement so you keep pace to graduate on time.
- Sample introductory courses in particular majors.
- Explore multiple academic programs before making a commitment to one major.
- Seek out job shadowing opportunities in place of internships. The professional network program in the Career Services Center can assist you.
- Take up to four semesters (depending on credit hours) before applying to a major program of study.
- Participate in small-group discussions to assess your interests and examine different academic areas and careers.
- Receive information and tutoring assistance, if needed, from the Learning Center.
- Access information about different careers from the Career Services Center.
For more information about D'Youville's Career Discovery Program contact the Admissions Office at (800) 777-3921 or (716) 829-7600.
Get to Know Us
"I strive to create an environment where students feel comfortable asking questions and posing ideas. Read more.
Students can use the professional network program in D'Youville's Career Services Center to find job shadowing opportunities. Read more
At D'Youville, you'll find faculty scholars who love to teach. Read more
Faculty, undergraduate and graduate students at D'Youville are involved with research at every level. Read more.