The demand for highly educated and trained accountants is rapidly increasing.
Opportunities for solid careers in accounting are limitless. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of accountants and auditors is expected to grow 16% from 2010 to 2020, about as fast as the average for all occupations.
When you major in accounting at D’Youville College, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills you need to work in any of the following accounting fields:
You’ll receive a strong foundation in both liberal arts and business, and take classes in our core curriculum as well as specialized courses in:
- Corporate finance
- Personal and corporate taxation
D'Youville's accounting programs offer:
- Small classes to ensure individualized attention
- Dynamic internships with high-profile companies
- Accreditation by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
- Study abroad opportunities
- High career placement rates
Majors & Programs
Five-year combined bachelor's/master's degree:
- Accounting/International Business (CPA Track)
The combined degree program satisfies the 150 college credit hours requirement you need to qualify for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination.
- Earn a master's degree in international business within one year of completing your bachelor's degree
- Broaden your career prospects
- Studying international commerce, language, history and culture will prepare you to work within a global business or international setting
"I've gained real life experience in the accounting and business world through my internships and student groups."
Read his story
"I felt that having a study abroad experience would be the best way to separate myself from the pack."
Read his story
Accountants are a highly valued part of a business team.
Learn about leadership opportunities on campus.