Are you interested in a career in the medical field?
D'Youville College's pre-professional programs provide highly motivated students comprehensive preparation for careers in:
- physician assisting
- physical therapy
- chiropractic medicine
- veterinary medicine
Gain direct, practical experience in the profession you are preparing for through summer programs, internships and volunteer activities.
Early Acceptance Programs
- Incoming freshmen at D'Youville can earn a doctoral degree in pharmacy (PharmD) in just six years through the Pre-Pharmacy (Early Assurance) Program.
- Enter our combined degree program in Chiropractic as a freshman. Earn a bachelor's degree in biology plus your doctoral degree (DC) in seven years
- Through DYC's partnership with Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM), high school seniors and current DYC freshmen & sophomores in the biology program can qualify for an early acceptance program at LECOM Dental or College of Medicine.
- Receive individual attention in classes of fewer than 15 students.
- Learn about the latest advances in biology through innovative course offerings: genetic engineering, drug design, gene therapy and bioinformatics.
- Undertake a research project in your junior or senior year, if you have done well academically your first two years.
- Benefit from individual advising by faculty who help you stay on track with your personal and career goals. Timely support and assistance can make the difference between success and failure in the highly competitive world of professional school admissions.
- Prepare for your professional school entrance exam with D'Youville's review course.
Majors & Programs
Whatever your choice of major, all pre-professional students will be advised to take advanced courses in biology and chemistry appropriate for aspiring medical professionals.
Note to applicants: Be sure to check out the application and admission requirements for these programs