Frequently asked questions about academic advisement
- What is The Career Discovery Program?
- The Career Discovery Program is designed for qualified students who choose to delay their selection of a major or do not meet the entrance requirements to their desired major.
- Why do I need to see an Advisor?
- Program curriculum requirements change often and your advisor can help ensure that you take classes to fulfill your major requirements and the College's core curriculum (required of all undergraduate students).
- Can I see an Advisor even if it's not advisement week?
- Absolutely! Advisors welcomes students all year round to plan and talk about ways to achieve their educational pursuits here at D'Youville College.
- When should I schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor?
- You should schedule an appointment with your advisor prior to registering for classes. The registration dates are published by the Registrar's Office each semester just prior to registration. In order to access online registration, you must see your advisor to obtain a Personal Identification number (PIN) number.
- What should I bring with me to my advisement appointment?
- You should bring a copy of the course schedule book and a list of some courses you might be interested in taking. When you meet with your advisor, he/she will review your program requirements and help to you select the best courses to help you meet graduation requirements. It will also be helpful if you know if you plan on attending part-time or full-time for the following semester.
- How do I change my major?
- If you decide you want to change your major, you must complete a change of major form and obtain the needed signatures. These forms are available from your advisor or in the Registrar's Office. Once the form is completed, it should be turned into the Registrar's Office.
- How do I find out who my advisor is?
- Check your Student and Course Information (STACI) account for your academic advisor, and other pertinent information.
- Personal Schedule Form (PDF)
- Registration Form (PDF)
- Drop/Add Form (PDF)
Leave of Absence/Withdrawal Form (PDF)
View D'Youville's online class schedule with detailed course information.
Use our online resource to calculate your grade point average to date.
Gain exposure to the humanities, social & natural sciences, math and computer science through the 19 required courses in the core curriculum.
The Career Discovery Program allows you to explore multiple academic programs before making a commitment to one major.