Please see the college catalog for a full description and requirements of the following definitions.These are only meant to be a quick guide and do not substitute for the information available in the college catalog.
- Withdrawal from a course
- Students are able to drop a particular course by completing a form that is available in the registrar's office. Please be aware of the deadlines for dropping a course. Courses may also be dropped during drop/add week. If the course is dropped after drop/add ends, the student will receive a grade of W on his/her transcript. Nonattendance does not constitute as a withdrawal from a course.
- Withdrawal from college
- Students who wish to withdraw from the college must see the department chair and complete all necessary forms with the registrar's office. The withdrawal is not finalized until all paperwork is filed in the registrar's office. A student is still financially and academically responsible to the college until all paperwork is completed.
- Leave of Absence
- A leave of absence can be granted for one or two semesters. During this time, students are not allowed to take classes at another institution. If a student needs to extend his/her leave of absence, permission must be received from the vice president for academic affairs.
- Dean's List
- Students who receive a grade point average of 3.40 or higher and are fulltime and matriculated are eligible for the dean's list.
- Academic Probation for freshmen
- A freshman student who obtains a grade point average less than 1.80 are placed on probation for the following semester. Students who are on probation may not take more than 12 credit hours.
- Academic Probation for sophomores, juniors and seniors
- A sophomore, junior or senior who obtains a grade point average below a 2.0 are placed on academic probation for the following semester. Students who are on probation may not take more than 12 credit hours.
- Academic Dismissal from college
- A student may be dismissed from the college after two consecutive semesters of having a grade point average below the academic requirements.
**Please see the college catalog for other reasons that a student may be dismissed from the college